Monday, December 25, 2006

The X in X-Mas


But first, we will backtrack a bit.

Last Tuesday Ian, Merika, Miles, Zachary and I went downtown Chicago for an All-American Rejects concert. After an initial two hour confusion about Miles working we were off. One hour later of many rounds of 20 questions, a few photo shoots and dance parties, we arrived at my wonderful school. I thought I had left it in the dust!

We took the El downtown and shopped around the Art Institute. I was looking for an umbrella for Gabby and her request, but alas, it was not there. Oh well. She's a big girl!

We went up to the north pretty early. I knew the ride would take long and just wanted to get up there. I had never been that far north before, and still we were in the city. It reminds me of how much more I need to explore!

The neighborhood wasn't the best looking in the world, but we found a small and cheap pizza place. I felt like I was grinding people to get my food. It was very good and we got more emo myspace pictures out of it.

Once we got into the Aragon Ballroom, a strangely (and cheap looking) Spanish themed venue, the show began. There were three bands in front of AAR and it was getting tiresome to wait, though The Format was pretty good and I really like Motion City Soundtrack. Boys Like Girls I can forget about. When AAR did come on, I went down to the mosh pit for awhile. It was a lot of fun down there, but I got claustrophobic and felt like I needed to get out. I finished the concert upstairs with Miles and Zachary. The lead singer was either drunk, on drugs or just very VERY eccentric/weird. He threw a blow-up sex doll into the crowd to be dressed by people. Bras were flying through the air.

After the concert we went on a little city 'sploring and headed home.

Now between then and now has been basically constant work. It has been very tiresome but when I get that paycheck it should be very rewarding.

Last night, Christmas Eve, I was one of the "lucky" who had to close. Times like that make me wish I don't work at Target. We got out at 7 and I rushed over to my sister's in-law's house were we enjoyed fondue. Luckily I only missed the appetizers. It was very enjoyable though I drank too many glasses of wine and was slightly tipsy for awhile before I basically fell asleep on the couch.

Today I woke up around 6 AM due to some serious stomach problems. Damn you fondue! However I managed to sleep again until my puppies came jumping on my bed at 8.30. We opened presents and Mark/Rachael/Baby-in-Fetus came over around 10 and we enjoyed a very tasty lunch consisting of the best steak I've ever had. And now I want more thinking about it.

Anyway the whole day was lounging around with the family. I also played some new games (Zelda >_<) and tried to figure out the new wireless "thing." I got it half way, but I just don't understand! Anyway, all in all it was a good, yet forgettable, Christmas. Tomorrow, work. Again.

No comments: