Wednesday, December 19, 2007

Sid Meier, My Love


I would just like to announce to the world (or those who read my pointless "blurbs") that I am now on my first prescribed medicine, ever. Not just your, "Take these for three weeks and you will be fine," medicines, the "You better take this the rest of your life or you shall die," medicine. Well, I won't die, but it may feel like it. I have severe acid reflux disease. Yay for me! I have inherited my mother's disease ridden genes!

Today was my do-nothing day, where, ironically, I defeated the rebels in my version of the American revolution, struggled to maintain my position in Jerusalem as a French invader, and attempted to culturally beat the Roman Empire as the Macedonians. Does owning Civilization IV truly make me a super-dweeb? I hope your jealous Miles. It makes me happy.

Back to a more serious note, I have been dwelling on where my life is heading. I feel trapped, paying rent/bills/etc, and already starting to settle down at 19. I am metaphorically claustrophobic and I will do anything sometimes to get out. I fear I may be getting to that point soon. Thats why I have decided I must study abroad fall semester. It will give me a chance to get away. Don't take this the wrong way meaning I want to get away from Johnny. However, I did not really bank on my life turning out this way, and I wanted to do so much. I'm starting to feel I will never get that chance if I don't act soon. I guess what I am saying is that I wish Johnny was as restless and adventurous as me, and wanted to do many of the things I want to. However, that is not always the case.

I always found it strange how people could work all their life and just be happy. But I guess they like supporting families, being secure/settled, and being rich. Me? I never wanted children, security or money. I want to learn, and have fun, and go places. But with our society, I feel that I am on a set path, with very little options. Go to college, get a job, work it the rest of your life, retire and be senile. God that sounds so boring!! But if I don't do it, then I will be poor and doing a jig on the side of a street so tourists give me their spare change. I hate the times we live in. Thats why I immerse myself in history and games like Civilization, so I can live and experience other times, other [better] societies.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

INEEEDSCIVILIZATION4

*drools*


(gives me my precious)