Wednesday, October 18, 2006

ΕΛΛΗΝΙΚΗ ΓΛΩΣΣΑ


After class today I went downtown alone on a random decision. I was in the mood for tall buildings, people, cars, noise, birds, shops, crazies, and the numerous smells of the city and underground stations. Odd that I would crave such smells. As I came out of the Jackson Station a.k.a. Hell, I saw in front of me a Barnes and Nobel store. Naturally drawn to such places, I went inside. I found myself in front of the Foreign Langauge section and bought one of those "Teach Yourself..." packages. And what other language would I choose? ???????? Of course!

After much more wandering I appeared outside the door of Chipotle. Or course I need a burrito. I took my fake Mexican prize over to the Federal building where I ate it outside. As I ate I studied an overly curious pigeon. After he studied me back, I flicked a piece of the burrito to him. He however was very cautious, but in the end ate it up. This pattern continued for most of my burrito with no interruptions from other birds. The pigeon, who I now name Pigeoto from Pokemon, and I had a bond, in my mind of course. But of course, one bird saw this feast I was giving out and within seconds I had a flock around me. I had become the crazy person who feeds the birds. I laughed at myself and went on my way.

Such a meaningless encounter made me happy from my mistakes earlier in the day. Waking up at 9 am is not a good idea when one has a 9 o'clock class and one lives on the West Side of campus and when one has a quiz that is taken on Wednesdays in that 9 o'clock class and will not give a chance to make it up. Yeah, sucks doesn't it?

I am finding myself sleeping in more and more. I cannot wake up on time anymore no matter how much sleep I get. I need to change something or bring my mother to college. I depended on her yelling at me in the morning. What do I have now? An alarm clock that I turn off in my sleep? I even moved it away from my bed, and I still somehow turn it off while sleeping! College is for the insomniacs.

I also have an impending Greek exam. Why did I take this class? I don't even plan on going to Greece anytime soon and only Greece, Crete and maybe Cyprus and parts of Turkey speak Greek. Why didn't I take Portuguese?

Funny story: Yesterday I was coming home from class to eat before I had to go back again for Classics 102. I was running behind and was planning on getting my Cambells To Go soup in my room. I had my iPod on and could hear very little other than Nelly Furtado. I was dancing to the beat of Promiscuous Girl! But as I start to open my door I hear Pat, my roommate say "Mike!" I didn't even know he was there. I figured he was still out or in class. So as I come in I find him in bed, thinking he went back to bed due to an early morning. However this was not the case as I studied the situation more closely. There were four pair of legs, one coming from under his covers where there was muffled laughter. I looked back at Pat and realized he was wearing very little, if anything. Within seconds I was gone, and I ran to Melissa's room for consoling. She only laughed at me. I felt bad more than embarrassed. I ruined the mood!!! We have a system now. Put something on the door!!

College is starting to scare me. If I do bad on an assignment, I'm screwed. My grade is based off so little, and sometimes only the midterm and final. This is not High School anymore!

Call me sometime. I need friends.

If there is some grammar or spelling mistake, I am sorry. My editor, Microsoft Word, decided to go crazy.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Please! No one ever calls me, zachary and Melissa are the only ones to have ever called! And people (Erin, Kayla, etc) still thinking I'm going to school in Atlanta.

Anonymous said...

What language did you buy? My comp. displayed question marks.

Ugh, I had to skip Greek this week. I miss it already!

Molly said...

Whoa! It's the middle of the day for Pete's sake (about your roommate)! I totally agree about the sleeping in part. I had two classes the other day, one at 8 and one at 11. Yeah, I woke up at 10:57. heh..heh..:)

Molly said...

p.s. it's a little ironic that you were listening to promiscuous girl during that whole scene too. lol