Friday, November 24, 2006

What Do I Constantly Thank God For?


This is when I will gain my "Freshman 15." These past two days have been all right to say the least. Usually when it comes to holidays, it means travel. Three hours being stuck in car with little room for my legs just to get to a trashy little town where your redneck family lives. I love them yes, but the trip is never enjoyable!

However this year the Trower family (my mom's side) was supposed to come to our house. Both of my sides of my family are on a holiday rotation. Don't ask because I don't understand it. Anyway, the Trowers will be the Trowers, and they will never leave their little town. So my thanksgiving consisted of my aunt and uncle, three cousins, my grandma and my great-uncle and great-aunt. Compared to the amount of people who could have come, that is not a lot. I guess I like to have a lot of people for my thanksgivings.

I am so used to coming home and being bored, that this weekend was strange. Now that everyone was home, everyone wanted to do something. Of course drama ensued. I don't even care anymore.

Lets start at the beginning: I met Zachary and Aimee downtown around the Daley Plaza. I then introduced Aimee to the wonders of the "L" system. As we waited we saw a train come. But we were surprised to find out that this particular train had twinkling lights, trees, reindeer and Santa's sleigh attached. As it passed we stared in amazement, wanting to be on that train! Eventually a train came and took us to O’Hare where we met Miles, straight from Savannah. Damn him and his tan! But for whatever reason, I love O’Hare. It is so full of life, excitement, and foreigners!

After a short excursion to the wonderful campus of North Central, we ended up in Geneva where Aimee, Zachary and I ate at Subway. I forgot how real Subway tastes like. They had real bread! At some point in time I went to Colleen's house where that whole group of friends had a get-together. I was slightly pissed because somehow everyone thought I had changed so much and wouldn’t get off my back. Am I the same person? It reminded me when Nancy and Lauren said that I had changed drastically. What is going on?!

Thanksgiving was all right. I almost got drunk on a glass of wine since I had just woken up and had nothing in my stomach. I quickly ate something before I embarrassed myself.

I am getting tired of going through exactly what happened day in and day out. Basically I never had any time to myself, which was good sometimes and bad others. I saw some of my friends I hadn’t seen for a very long time. But at the same time people constantly invaded my house and I couldn’t escape.

Do I dare say anything about Merika?

I also went back to work at Target for two days! There were so many new faces and so many familiar ones as well. It felt good to be working again. It gave me something to do and some extra money since I am poor. God college and Chicago both swallow up money.

I'm just thankful I have food, a house, a family, friends and Graeme! Now I need to work on my love life...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

They really think you've changed so much? I definitely think you have a lot since freshmen year in hs, but I don't think drastically since last year. Maybe it's because I've watched it happen gradually? I don't know...

Molly said...

I know what you mean. A lot of people have been saying that to me too, but I don't think I've even been gone long enough to change! lol