Sunday, November 26, 2006

Loser?


What is this? Two posts in one day??

I guess this is just bothering me. I hear so many stories about how college is so great and how they have met so many cool people, but this is not reflecting my experience. Yes, I am having fun and I have met some people. But I don't have any great friends or even good friends. Maybe one or two, but it seems that everyone has these great friendships built up and I don't. I have reverted to shy Michael, which bugs the hell out of me. I don't know how to act, what to say or what to do. I like coming home. Is this bad? It should be cause I should have friends! I don't know what to think. I shock a lot of people when I responded with an apathetic sigh when they ask me how college is going.

Lord knows I can't just be myself! Then again, few people know who I really am.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are quite mysterious. It took me quite a while (I'd say until this past June maybe) to feel like I was a close friend to you or that I "got you".

And the college thing. I think each of us imagine our other friend's college experiences as perfect in some way, but they all have their shortcomings (well, except for maybe Miles', which sounds perfect). It's still a strange feeling for me to be out on my own at college, and I definitely enjoy coming home.

Molly said...

I've had that same feeling. It seems harder and harder to meet people since the rush has past but I just haven't any sort of connection to anyone. I suppose things will change though. It takes time to get to know people.