Thursday, March 08, 2007

I Still Love You, I Promise!


Don't be mad blogger. You still hold the key to my heart. Just because I have neglected your for over a month means absolutely nothing! I was just to busy to care! And no, I will not go into a detailed description of the past month.

Ok, so huge changes have occurred in my life. Very big. Largest of Large. Enormously Enormous. But guess what? Due to some readers of my blog, I am unable to write it down in English. So I will attempt to do what Zachary does, and translate it into another language that I know, Greek! Ok, so here it goes.

Γιαννίς μένω μαζί με.

That was most likely the worst Greek ever, and I am in Greek 102. Anyway, after weeks of deliberation and playing with the idea, it happened. It has been hard, but for the most part it is working out very well and I couldn't be happier.

What else happened? Oh, nothing much. I just got pick-pocketed! Zachary and Co. from NCC came to Chicago on Thursday to go to a gay club up on the North side. We met Zachary at Union and Johnny, Ian and the two of us went out to eat beforehand. Ian would not go [understandably] and we parted ways. On the way to the club, we were getting on a Red Line train underground when it happened. I bumped into a guy and said I was sorry. He then went in front of me, with his back turned to me, and continued to step on my feet in a hard and sarcastic manner. I thought he was angry cause I bumped into him. I was wrong. After going around him, he ran away, the doors closed and I sat down. A random bystander told me to check my wallet, and I knew at that moment what happened. I freaked. I wanted to go home so badly, but I was forcibly persuaded to go to the club still. And I did, though Zachary's friends had no idea where they were going. If I hadn't been so utterly distracted and upset, I would have helped.

Everything was gone. My ID, my college ID Johnny's ID, my UPass [gets me onto the CTA], Justin's UPass, Johnny's $20, my two debit cards, random shit, my social security number, and all my senior pictures. The other day I attempted to go into the city and get a new UPass and ID. However, CTA doesn't take checks, the only form of payment I had left, and no bank [even my own] would cash a personal check. And the DMV wouldn't let me get a new ID without some form of ID. Ironic and annoying. After a two hour trip into the city and getting shut down everywhere, I sat down and almost cried. My experiences are making me hate Chicago, and I don't want to hate Chicago. But how can't I with bums everywhere, thiefs, annoying/slow/unreliable CTA, nastiness and other unpleasantness? Hopefully this is just a phase...

Anyway, I don't have too much else to say. I want winter to end because I am tired and pissed off by being cold. I like the sun and warm!

See blogger, I don't hate you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmmm, maybe I won't move to the city...

j/k

Molly said...

:( I'm sorry. "almost cried"??? I definitely would have. I mean...totally not at all. :P

Anonymous said...

All ur problems (well not the wallet one) can be answered by Savannah.

Anonymous said...

Well written article.