Friday, January 01, 2010
NYE - 2010
Another year gone by. Holy hell.
As I look back on 2009, I realize that I accomplished many of the goals I set out to do for the year. I started weight training and have seen measurable results, cut my laziness quotient in half, worked on my own personal happiness, remained single most of the year, and done a lot of work for my future with volunteering and the marketing I am involved with at work. I made new friends and managed to keep old ones too. Overall, I call this year a success!
Now, I want to accomplish more this year.
1. Financial responsibility. Time for a budget!
2. Get out of debt. Goes with #1, but this is more specific.
3. Graduate with honors in my college (LAS) and with distinction in the History Dept.
4. Have a baby... maybe not.
5. Last but not least, enter the Peace Corps.
The last goal seems daunting. Before this year is over I may be shipped abroad for the next two years of my life with only the internet to connect me back home. I may not see many of my friends and family for those entire two years. It is a scary thought, but after much deliberation, I know this is what I want to do. But I have a lot I need to accomplish before then and it isn't going to be easy.