Tuesday, January 16, 2007

So It Begins Again...


This morning I almost did not get onto the shuttle. It was overcrowded, stuffy and smelled weird. With the new dorm open now, everything is becoming overcrowded, though there are many new people to meet. The problem is going out and meeting them.

I am happy and sad to be back. For one, I am back in Chicago, which is amazing! I wish I could live here year round!! I am also away from my parents and family. I can only take so much of them before I go crazy. But this also means a separation from my boy! I miss him so much and this is going to be hard. I've already talked to him at least five times today. :D

The first thing I noticed when entering my dorm was the strange smell that lingered everywhere. I can't put my finger on it. Miles had a similar problem in Savannah according to his blog. Other than that and a little makeover to the toilet paper dispensers in the bathrooms, everything is exactly the same. It feels so weird, as if I had never actually left. It is a very eerie feeling.

I had two classes today, Greek 102 and Philosophy 102. Philosophy seems like a more difficult class, but I sit next to Mike Henning, a philosophy major himself. He will help me. My Greek class is hard as usual, but that it is almost two hours long makes me want to scream. Two hours of nothing but Greek is too much for my little brain!

My text book total came to a little more than $300. I about passed out. I am broke once again. On the flipside, I have about $830 in flex dollars to use for food and random stuff!

Tomorrow comes Anthropology 101, English 161 and History 223. I can only hope this semester goes fast...very fast.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Everything smelled weird to me too. Kind of a musty smell it was.

Molly said...

I LOVE that picture!!! It's my new background! :)