Monday, July 06, 2009

Back It Up, Turn Around!



Lets take a look at my last post. Oh, you don't do anything Michael? Big shocker there! Wait, now your life has taken a few interesting turns? Yeah, suck it bad luck.

I like lists, so I am going to make another one. This time with numbers instead of letters because I am BA like that. (Side-note: BA = Bad Ass)

1. I just applied for many different volunteer positions at the Field Museum. I know it doesn't pay and isn't as prestigious as an internship (if that even is the way to describe it), but I am really excited and hopeful that I will get one. At least I will be doing something related to my future undecided career. Plus it is a great resume booster!

2. I just made a wonderful and awesome new friend! We hung out the other day and just talked for a long time. With the understanding that I am not on the boy market now, there was no pressure whatsoever to impress, flirt, etc. etc. and it was really nice and relaxing. Now we are going to the Oriental Institute at the U of C Sunday where we will look at Indonesian pottery or Persian artifacts! Added bonus - 1950's film "The Land of the Pharaohs," all for free!

3. I'm working out again. Not anything super rigorous, but 15 minutes here, 20 minutes there. Makes me feel better about myself and my abs are starting to get some definition!

4. I am very close to making a major decision in my current love life. Basically, I am not happy the way things are. You can deduce what may happen.

5. I feel very close with my roommates. Yes, we may fight or bicker sometimes, and I am not at all pleased with the messiness of some of them, *cough*ianklein*cough*. But still, my friendships with them have started to go to new levels and I have three very important people in my life that I get to see a lot. I couldn't be more pleased!

And I think that is about it. I feel like dancing now.

Photo by Jim McGill

1 comment:

Me! said...

Replace Ian with tidy Zachary!