Sunday, July 19, 2009

R.I.P. Graeme


So, Graeme was put down yesterday. I really hoped that I could have been there to hold him as he died, but unfortunately everything happened way too fast and I had no time to get home from Chicago. I had my goodbye though. I was home early last week to see the Harry Potter 6 premier with my friends. When I got home, he was lying in the kitchen, unable to get up the stairs. To see my dog so fragile was incredibly hard. I curled up next to him for a half hour and cuddled like I used to do.

I had this unofficial, totally unimportant routine with Graeme. I would sit at the top of the stairs and he would push himself under my arm. The last night I saw him, I sat at the top of the stairs as usual. He was unable to see me however since his sight was suddenly lost and he instead collapses where he was. It was a torturing sight to see. He was stupid, dumb, smelled bad, and was afraid of most things but he was still loved.

Do dogs have souls? Do they have an afterlife? Maybe he will be reincarnated into something else? Well, at least I have Maggie and Oliver. Oh wait, I don't have Oliver. :'(

No comments: