Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Do I Really Need A Title?


I hated every person that walked through those doors. I glared at them, in my mind of course. If they knew for one second they were not wanted, they would complain and I would be jobless. I'm a slave to other people's wills. I only stay there because they entice me with money, more than other places pay.

I was scheduled to work yesterday, the Fourth of July, from 5-11pm. That meant no fireworks for Michael. I sped through my work and at 8 asked my boss if I could go early. She agreed only if I did more work. Another hour of boring repetitive tasks and I was out the door. The parking lot was full. People sitting outside theirs cars, having parties, waiting for the fireworks. But I needed to leave! As I (carefully) sped through the crowded parking lot, I noticed they had blocked off the entrance/exit. I was angry/confused/tired/hurried/needing to pee. Luckily they had one open and were directing traffic. I was the only person leaving. They all looked at me like I was the biggest inconvenience ever. The feeling was mutual.

After more crowd surfing in my car I got to my street, which happened to be packed with more people who did not live there. I admit. I was going fast. But A) It's my street B) I had to get to Paul's before the fireworks C) Did I mention I live there and not all of these people? I got yelled at to slow down. Yes, I needed to slow down, but how dare this woman say such a thing to me. I live here. I have seen people use my street for traffic. I have seen people with their loud engines show off down my street. I have seen accidents and people lying on the pavement, a bloody mess. I yelled back "I live here!" I may have flicked her off. Not too sure. I was focused on getting home.

My dogs were surprised. Why is he home? What's going on? I was in such a rush it scared them. But I got my crap and started running. I found my family and their friends and talked to them for a while. And then I ran again. I took another short break at the school were a drunk girl happened to see me and started to dance with me. I ran again, this time even faster. I saw small fireworks going off in the distance and I knew I was missing fun.

Other than that it was a normal Fourth of July with the explosions, drunks and people angry with you cause you are disrespectful and don't love America because somehow America is the best country alive. I don't know about you, but I think there are much better places in this world, such as Western Europe, Brazil, Istanbul, Tajikistan (cool name), Israel, Japan and Antarctica. It's the one place in this world where you don't owe allegiance to anyone! How cool is that?

How do I end this blog...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, not Eastern Europe? Or is it just Istanbul? Not Athens, or Warsaw, or Riga, or Minsk?