Monday, July 10, 2006

Shuffle Up and Deal


Did Texas really create Texas hold-em? Or did they just want to attach their name to boost their pride even further? The latter sounds good to me. Another poker night! YAY!

It started out a little shaky. With a $5 fee to get in and my chips dwindling, I was not the happiest camper alive. But I soon forgot the game and relaxed. Had some good/strange times. Introduced the group to the meaning of losing one's blob. The chips had a mind of their own and started flowing to me. Slowly at first but by the end, much faster.

I am writing this half awake. It probably doesn’t make much sense.

Lindsay, Kyle went out. Ian was next but bought another set of chips to our dismay. Isaac also went out but followed suit with Ian. He didn't last long. The chips liked me better. Ian again was running out, and the chips were flowing between Amy and I when disaster struck. Lindsay, our card-dealer, became tired and left. But she is a sly one. A fox in disguise.

I told you, I'm tired.

As we saw her pull away, Amy realized the $40 pot was gone. And who had it? We blamed Lindsay. As we watched her cruelly drive away, we called her. "I wanted to get you ice-cream," she said. We were furious. And yet all of us knew she wouldn't do it. We all hoped she wouldn't do it. Ian and Isaac took off in haste after her in the Maroket, when Lindsay led us via phone to the true hiding place of the money. Amy's mom!

But we aren't ready to hand the money right back to Isaac and Ian. What shall become of this $40? Only time will tell.

I get some!! I was so winning!

No comments: