Wednesday, August 16, 2006

Now that I stand on the edge, I don't want to jump


The past few days have been quite an experience. Saturday morning I left with Kayla, Ian and Amy to Lakewood, WI to stay with her grandfather for a few days. The first day alone we did enough tubing to make my arms fall off. That night however we laid on the boat and watched the stars. It's amazing how small one feels when they look out to the massive galaxy above.

I was completely relaxed, something I had not been for a while. I forgot everything that night, and didn't want to come back. Apart from boating and tubing we also went hiking in the woods, which I found amazing though others where either unimpressed or angry. I realized how much we humans don't stop our lives once in awhile and look around us. Maybe that's the solution to all the world's problems, people just need to relax once in awhile.

The last day we went white-water rafting. The rapids weren't too difficult though we did manage to get stuck on quite a few rocks. The drops were good and an amazing rush. Amy did fall in once and got stuck more than usual to the amusement of us all.

Today however I managed to watch all three Lord of the Rings movies. The extended versions of course. I went over to Gabby's house at 9 am. We finished at 11:11 pm. Why do I pay attention to these things? Because I'm special like that. It was nice to spend time with her alone one last time. Watching all three in a row also makes it more special and gives the movies more emotion because you feel like you have been with them on this long journey and have experienced everything they have.

And as the boat leaves for Valinor carrying some of the most important people in all Middle Earth and as the friends say goodbye for the last time I am reminded of my soon departure. I heard a line from some song that happens to be the title of this blog. And it describes my thoughts. I don't want to leave this life behind. Everything I know is here in this town (however boring it may be) and in my friends. And now, all will be pulled up from underneath me and I will be facing life full force. I know this is what I have wanted for years, but why am I not excited?

Corny? I know. Emo? Definitely!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Relaxing can solve the world's problems?!? Tell that to my HIV-ridden, starving baby!! Do you think little Kunta-Binta can relax when she's fighting for her life and-

Mam, I think I'm going to have to ask you to leave

Would you ask likee Kunta-Binta to leave?! You think you can just come in here and-

Mam, don't make me get the pepper spray

My babies!!